Thursday, May 31, 2007

NSV-orama

Today was an awesome day for NSVs...

I was starting off on my usual afternoon jog/walk and ran into a woman that I see every so often. We got to talking and she was asking about my running and walking and if I went every day. I told her yes. She mentioned that she wanted to lose weight and said I probably didn't know anything about that. I said that I did, in fact, and I had lost 100 pounds on Weight Watchers. She was taken aback and said "are you serious?" I said I was and she asked if she could join me on my walk.

We walked around the complex and she had so many questions. I told her I was on WW and attended at-work meetings. She still had a hard time believing that I was once very heavy but eventually realized that I was very serious.

She said that she saw me running all the time and that I looked athletic and she just assumed I was always thin. She had many nice things to say about how healthy I looked, "the picture of health" she said. Then she was saying that my story was very inspirational for her.

I'm not sure if she will join WW and attend meetings or not, but it was so nice to hear all of those kind words from her. What a GREAT day!!!

No comments: